fathers day gifts from the kids...silly or sweet??

i have three kids
youngest is three, i get gifts for her father as if she picked out
like his birthday a few weeks ago ... she (3) got him play dooh, sidewalk chalk and bubbles. (we needed these things anyway)
he said his favorite birthday gift was sidewalk chalk, everyone got into it and our daughter (3) was so excited

just went to rummage sale and she is getting him for fathers day, a turtle sprinkler head and a backyard toss game thing

does anyone else do this kind of thing, or should i be buying him all adult items as gifts from all the kids, i do get him presents from me that are grown up, and the big kids get him things older kids think of

silly or sweet?

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 12:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• And by dorky stuffed animal I mean one they found in their room lol...
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think it's sweet. It comes from their heart!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It sounds sweet. I've always let our daughter pick out gifts for her dad, even as a baby, I'd hold two things up and get the one she pointed to.
    This year, she decided to get fabric paint and a t-shirt and is painting a shirt for him.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Let the kids pick out or make the gifts (within reason). If he is willing to play with his kids you have a gem of a husband.
    Sasha51

Answer by Sasha51 at 12:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree let the kids pick them, its cute and means more to him than something you pick and put their name on. Its not hurting anything and it makes both the kids and your hubby feel good. My kids found a dorky stuffed animal for my husband for fathers day. I had to hold back laughter as I asked "should we wrap it or put it in a bag?"
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think that iks such a great idea, i have never thought of that... hmmm maybe next year my baby is 8 months so next year should be fun!!!
    xxSummaxx13

Answer by xxSummaxx13 at 1:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think that's very sweet! My son just turned one recently doesn't really know what to pick out yet. but maybe next year!
    That sounds like an awesome idea!
    yevsgirl

Answer by yevsgirl at 4:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010