Do you ever wonder...

if your child will ever stop eating. Mine has been an eating machine the last few days. I had to cut her off last night because she ate everything that I could come up with outside of having to cook another meal in its entirety. LOL

coala

Asked by coala at 12:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• hahahaah my 2 yr old just came to me with a juicy juice box...fruit snacks and sun chips yelling Pleeeeeeeeease mamaam!! lol
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OMG I know what you mean. Its seems like since the kids been out of school they have been trying their best to eat me out of house and home. I had to put the baby gate up so they couldn't go back to in the kitchen.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Just because a kid asks for food doesn't mean you have to give it to them. We are not an obese nation for nothing.
    Anonymous

• wow really? she just said she cut him off lol ...miss anonymous...you must be afraid to show your face if you had to check that box and say something crappy
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Children don't ahve the "habits" adults do, of eating because of boredom, etc.
    MY daughter is 14 months, and eats like a horse. But she eats healthy. She still has formula periodically throughout the day.
    But has about six small meals, and snacks as well. Fruit, veggies, etc. And for the ANON, boating about obesity, its not the amout of food, its what you are feeding them. And also, lack of exercise....so please don't try to lump it all together.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OP here: She eats really healthy but I couldn't make another meal last night with all the she had eaten and felt like I was doing what was right for my child. She is totally her Daddy's child in the eating and never gaining an ounce from it. She is almost 2 and can eat me under the table. LOL
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Kids go through phases, especially growth spurts... if they're eating healthy foods, they don't usually eat for the sake of eating, they usually eat because they are hungry. I'm sometimes amazed by what my toddler and preschooler can put down, then other times I'm amazed they can have the energy for the day on what they consume. When my girls are begging and begging for more food because they're SOOO HUNGRY, I feel them out by offering apple slices or nothing... then we go from there. :)
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010