Elecare formula

Has anyone ever used this formula? My dd just got switched to it and I was wondering how others did on it....she has reflux pretty bad and we've tried a few formulas and she does ok on them but the vomiting continues even with prevacid

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We actually switched my LO to enfamil lactofree when she was having issues. She is 2 and is still on prevacid. We actually did prevacid and zantac together when she was LO. I totally feel your pain with this. I hope that she does better with the new formula.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• 9 1/2 times out of 10 reflux is caused by suctioning (which is unnecessary 99% of the time) at birth. The deep suctioning damages the esophagus. 1 of my 3 (the one I allowed unknowingly to be suctioned) had severe reflux- spent the first 3 year s of her life on Zantac (it works better than prevacid)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010