Our neices husband sex txtd my husbands teen daughter...

This happened a couple years back. She was 13 at the time. She was afraid to tell anyone until he did it to her cousin too and her cousin was very upset about it and noone believed her so my dh's daughters finally told that he did it to her too. His neices husband was 21 at the time. My dh's step daughter had erased everything out of her cell phone. But she told us some of the stuff he was saying/asking her. She said at first she thought he was just joking and then when she started to feel uncomfortable, she stopped txting him back. One question (just to show you how creepy this went) was " what makes you hot,where is your hot spot where you like to be touched".
Well, heres the thing.The neice doesnt believe any of it. They stayed together.He is not welcome at ANY family events. Understandably so. However, we are having a big family party and we invited the niece but the girls mom doesnt even want her there.What should we do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If they were married at the time and both on the same cell plan she may be able to pull text records on that line still.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree. The niece is condoning his illegal bad behavior. I would not have invited her. She's not exactly going to be welcomed with open arms by everyone. Why create a negative environment? I'd call the niece and tell her that her presence is going to cause problems and I'd uninvite her.
    Anonymous

• The niece didn't do it... put the invites out and let whomever comes, comes.
    Anonymous

• If she took sides of the pedophile over the children, then personally for me, I wouldn't invite either one. You can't pull any content of the text messages, but you possibly could pull the numbers being texted back and forth and you could do that on your step daughters account to confirm at least there was communication between the 2. Your niece is in for a world of hurt if this man was really doing this stuff.
    Anonymous

• I agree with you anon :19. I think a lot of people have bad feelings toward the niece, its probablyis a good idea that she doesnt come. I just feel bad for her. Thanks for the advice ~OP
    Anonymous

• She'd be off my invite list permanently.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010