What are ghosts? Disemobodied spirits? Demons? Lost Souls?

I have no opinion because I have no personal experiences with so-called "ghosts". What do you think a ghost is? Why do you believe that?

lowencope

Asked by lowencope at 12:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Based on all my years of experiences, I'd have to say they can be all of the above and then some, but it depends on what you mean by "ghost". Many "ghosts" are not real entitites. They are just recordings - sort of like the "people" you see when you watch a DVD. I call these residual hauntings (or just residuals). I also differentiate between ghosts and spirits. A ghost is the energy of a person who has died, but has not crossed over into the afterlife. They remain on the physical plane even though they no longer have a physical body. A spirit is a deceased person who has crossed over but has come back for some reason. Some entities, however, are inhuman. I do not believe in the Hollywood depictions of angels or demons, but I do believe there are non-human entities that could be understood that way by some people.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• just spirits who for some reason like to hang around or have the power to cross from one dimension to the next
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Ghosts are deceased people who have either chosen not to cross over because of unfinished business or a traumatic death, or who cannot because of an attachment that keeps them here. Spirits encompass a variety of beings--those who live on the Other Side, but can travel between that world and this one as they wish. The deceased who died quickly or peacefully, spirit guides, guardian angels. Lost souls are those dark entities that have done so much evil or who fear what awaits them in the Afterlife that they cling to their earthly lives. They are not demons but they are mostly evil. Demons in the traditional sense don't exist. Even the angels that I am aquainted with are not angels in the traditional sense. They are higher spirit beings. Pure souls.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well, there is the spirit of Yah who is also known as the holy ghost so we all know who he is. We are all assigned angels to report to Yahweh on our progress in life, so I believe we may have them around us, but I could not tell you when or how long they are around any given day. There are demons around and they are surrounding us most of the time. Some latch onto us if we allow them, others inhabit people, and others just inflict sufferings on us in one form or the other. This is what I believe and have experienced in my life. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I don't believe we have immortal souls, God told Adam he would die, Satan told Eve they really wouldn't. the Bible says that Ecc 9:5, 10 "For the living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.(10) All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in She′ol*, the place to which you are going.
    *“In Sheol.” Heb., bish‧ʼohl′; T, “the house of the grave”; Gr., hai′dei;

"Ghosts" then are demons perpetuating the lie that you live on...

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• lisarose, what about the Jesus' promise for eternal life?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• When people die they stay dead until the resurrections. They are completely unaware or conscience of life once they go to the eternal sleep. There are demons who mimic the dead people to convince others that they are loved ones, but they just work with the person who claims to be able to talk to the dead. There is a good chance that the person who claims this is demon possessed themselves. Or they [demons, and person who claims to talk to spirits] do it to manipulate the person being deceived. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with you witchqueen the angels you deal with are not angels in a traditional sense, because they are demons claiming to be higher than they are. Of course they feel special. They are fallen angels whose arrogance are costing them everything. Real angels are humble and loyal to Yahweh. They would never put themselves before or along side with Yahweh EVER. They would not take credit for what Yahweh does to help us humans either. They are known to look at themselves equal to humans; fellow worshipers of Yahweh forever. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Our hope is through the Resurrection hope that Jesus taught about,we see this from 1 Thess. 4:13-18, RS: (13)“We would not have you ignorant, brethren, concerning those who are asleep [“those who sleep in death,” NE; “those who have died,” TEV, JB], that you may not grieve as others do who have no hope. ...........
    (Evidently some members of the Christian congregation in Thessalonica had died. Paul encouraged the survivors to comfort one another with the resurrection hope. He reminded them that Jesus was resurrected after his death; so, too, at the coming of the Lord, those faithful Christians among them who had died would be raised to be with Christ.)

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 1:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Ive had no experience with them either and I would like to keep it that way. I think Ghosts are demons. Even a good ghost is still a ghost.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010