What would you do if your family accused your husband for something he didn't do?

My husband and I argue sometimes too much. However when I told a family member she told everyone! I addressed it on one of my websites and then the whole family accused him for being someone he isn't truly. And lol it's a two sided situation not just one sided. So how could I deal with this? My husband is so hurt and pissed at them. He keeps saying he doesn't want our child around them. That is not fair! I think we need to be able to work out hurt feelings between my husband and family members.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• probably you should stop blabbing all your personal business if you don't want people getting all up in it. that, or address it on a website.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 12:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would just leave it alone and give him time to deal with his anger.. But I would make sure that I stood by my husband, right or wrong, and support his decision..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Keep personal matters, personal. Sounds to me like you are the issue. You told one person and then when they told more, you put it on a website? I would say that you need to let it run it's course and then keep your mouth shut in the future.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You put this ball in motion by making it sound worse then it was. He should be mad at you, not the family. They are reacting in a negitive way b/c they want to protect you. Sit down with them and explain that it was blown out of proportion and that you where just having a bad day. Be careful who you talk to from now on.
    Anonymous

• You need to stand by your husband. First you created the mess by talking to a family member about personal things, you should not do that. Of course he is hurt. Not only are they saying these things but you keep talking to them. If I were you I would tell them, those things are not true and until you stop you cannot be in our lives. Show them that you are serious and the things they are saying are not true. If they are saying bad things about your husband why would you even want your son around them to hear it?
    Anonymous

• You cannot drag your family into your business with your husband. They will take your side and dump on him especially if you made it sound worse than it was. Even if they are angry, they need to be civilized human beings, not to mention adults, and keep their opinions to themselves. You need to explain what really happened and if they still don't grasp what they need to be doing, your child does not need to be around people who trash his dad.
    Anonymous

• Defend your husband the best you can - you started this by telling a family member who is of course going to be protective and assume the worst of your husband. I can understand needing someone to talk to, I have a sister who I trust 100% because as much as she's got on me, I know stuff about her and her husband that she'd never want the rest of our family knowing either. I don't understand what would possess you to air out personal matters on a website though. You, not your husband, needs to go to your family and explain the entire situation and explain why they are wrong about him.
    Anonymous

• IMO he should be mad at you not them. You should keep your private life PRIVATE.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Thank you!
    Anonymous