Do people who act ghetto bother you?

Am I racist because I hate when people act ghetto? I don't mean black people, I mean ALL people. I cringe and can't stand when people say things like WHAT IT DO? Or when they wear their pants 5 inches past their behinds. Or when they drive their Lexus's to go put up their link cards. I consider these things and more ghetto. I can't stand people purposely using bad grammar, wear belts that are just for decorations, and just act obnoxious. I'm aware that most the things I mentioned are things black males do. But some females and white people do the same things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i like how you use the words 'ghetto' and 'black males' then say you aren't racist :-/
    Anonymous

• It's very irritating.
    Anonymous

• I could do without the pants pulled down to mid thigh showing the underwear to the world. And, yeah, I've seen people of all color do that. At least none of them wear brown streaked tighty whities while doing it. :-( Ugh.
    Anonymous

• I have seen so many white guys with their sloppy jeans below their butt and it is so ugly and disgusting...and both men and women with a body full of tattoos and piercings...they all look ghetto,IMO. Sorry...but they do. ANd it has nothing to do with race. They are mostly white trying to look ...."cool", Bur really looking like lamebrains.
    Anonymous

Um, since when does "ghetto" only apply to black people? There are ghettos all over the world. It refers to a place where there is no financial stability and high unemployment rates. It has absolutely nothing to do with only a cerain race.
    Anonymous

• I agree that it's very annoying.
    Anonymous

• do you ever consider the fact that maybe where they live, it's the culture? i'm white and i lived in the hood for many years, so i developed a lot of habits that you would probably consider 'ghetto' but at the same time, they are normal, accepted things in that area.
    Anonymous

• I do too. I just wish everyone could have a little dignity, class, and talk like they are somewhat educated.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 12:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i didn't say that it only applies to 'black people', but if you notice that when a majority of people say the word ghetto they are referring to 'blacks'
    Anonymous

• Wow, I was unaware that ghetto was even a "black" thing. I think trailer parks are ghetto and I LIVE IN ONE. I could have just as easily said slums. And I did say Black males, I didn't say N word or anything like that I even mention some women and white people do the same things. Racist would be me asking if you are bothered by people acting like N words. No, I am not racist. I don't think ALL black people act stupid and I don't think ALL white people act smart. EVERY GROUP has their idiots. I think if you act like an idiot, you should be called an idiot.
    Anonymous