How can someone be so heartless?

I have competely lost all respect for my boss in the last few months. Her mother is about 80 years old and was living with her. I understand it's hard and draining to take care of a parent. But the things she, and her children would say about her is just amazing. They were looking for an excuse to get rid of her, so they said she had dementia and sent her to a nursing home for a few months. BUt she checked out ok, medicad quit paying and sent her home again. My boss did nothing but complain about her. Her son even made the comment to me that he wanted to go get some UPS boxes so they can ship her away again. Well now she is dieing. She was visiting another son a few hours away and had a really bad stroke tat is bleeding out. My boss came in a few days later with her children acting like nothing was wrong. they were all smiles and happy. Someone went up to the 13 yr old daughter and said "I'm sorry about your gma" she SMILED

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• and said Oh it's ok and walked off laughing and goofing around. I was talking to my boss the other day and she was telling me that they DAY she found out her mother wasn't coming home she packed up "all of her s tupid shit" and put it in the garage. And the week she had a stroke they all went to a concert. I'm sorry I don't think I could go to a concert knowing that mother was dieing! I jsut can't beleive it. It makes me so sick. to think someone could be htis way towards their own mother.
    Anonymous

• Totally unprofessional for a BOSS to be going on and on about her private life. Geez, if she treats her mom this way dont turn your back on her, you might get a knife wound or something.
    Anonymous

• Parents are a child's role model. They model behavior they observe and how they are treated. This is truly a sad situation. My grandma is 86. Love her so much! She is also starting to fade. Enjoy life while you have it. Some day this family will regret their actions.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 12:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It's disgusting. She isn't thinking too far ahead though. She can probably expect the same treatment from her own children. It's trite but true, what goes around comes around.
    Anonymous

• I can't believe how cold and cruel and self-centered some people are. My grandma lived to be 90, and none of my family EVER thought of putting her in a nursing home. I think that if someone has taken their LIFE to raise you then you need to have some respect for them in their years of need and be there to help them. I know that my mom gave, and still gives, everything she can for her kids and expects NOTHING in return, so I know when the day comes and she needs help, I will be there no matter how much it "puts me out" and how much "trouble" it is for me. I also know when my grandma was dying, it was one of the hardest times in my life. Thankfully she went quickly and didn't suffer too long. She had stomach pain, went to the er, and basically never left the hospital. She had burkitt's lymphoma, and the chemo needed to cure it gave her pneumonia. Within 2 weeks of her going to the hospital, she was gone. Love them while you can!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• my dad died in march
    he was in nursing home for last 8 months or so
    mom tried to care for him but he could not move much on his own and thankfully he got good care, mom could visit him twice a day, unsafe for her to care at home
    well, he was not able to speak much at end, but he WAS IN THERE
    he pointed to a card that said something about trust in Christ, he ponted to this a few times the week or so before he passed
    i cried when mom told me he passed, but also had some happy tears mixed in because i could feel him around me and he was not the sick ill man he was at the end, so i try to be happy for him, he would not have wanted to live like that for long, i think he made choice when to go

to think someone could be so uncaring about a person especially their own family member--there is no excuse or reason, everyone grieves differently but never like this

i would have a hard time looking at this person as a person
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Ok on a professional level that is WAY outa line! Everyone has their own childhood, maybe hers was not good. Maybe this woman mistreated her children and they are just reacting to the life that they have had with her. This does not however, excuse there behavior. They are entitled to their feelings, but even if I hated my mother, I certainly would not broadcast it to the free world. I certainly wouldn't broadcast it to my employees! Maybe this woman was an angel and has rotten spoiled children...I hope not, but stranger things have happend. Just let it go.
    Anonymous

• How horrible!! I want to save money for a house so my grandma can live with me in her older age! I would NEVER allow my child to act like that about a human life. I don't like my mom all the time but if anything happened to her I would be a mess! I love my momma and my Nanny they are my world(other than DD of course) this post is so heartbreaking it made me cry!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• That was very unprofessional of your boss to be discussing her personal family matters at work. Beyond that though, I think that there may be things going on that you don't know about. (Or maybe your boss is truly heartless, IDK.) I hate my grandmother, and I will throw a party the day she dies, she is a horrible person. Just because someone is related to you, be it parent, sibling, whatever, doesn't mean that you have to love or even like them. There are truly evil people in this world that don't dererve anyone's love or respect. I wouldn't judge her at all, but certainly not until you have all the facts.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010