So I got into a fight with my cousin....

My cousin got married a year before me and within a year of her marriage she had cheated on her husband and became pregnant with another man's baby. Now they are married and have a 5 month old son. She went to nursing school and has a really good job and so does her dh. Together they make almost 1000$ a WEEK. Both cars are paid for. Her school is paid off. Dh and I have a 6 mo old dd, I went to college but haven't been able to get a job with my degree yet. We make about 2400$ a MONTH. I'm paying back school loans, rent, cars everything. It's tight but we manage to scape by. Anyways, I was talking to my cousin the other day and she was just going on and on and on about how they can't afford anything and how hard it is and how I just don't understand what she's going through. I finally just snapped and told her to shut up. I told her if we can pay out bills on what we make surely she can to! It must be horrible to have money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• $1000 a week? That is normal for some...
    Anonymous

• ^^ but I don't see why she would be complaining they have no money. But ok.
    Anonymous

• I'd say either your cousin does not know how to budget her money, or they live above and beyond their means. Too bad she and her hubby can't sit down and make out a monthy budget, see where their money goes and what they can do without.
    I do know how you feel, my dad acted like that (he has only himself to support and his yearly salary was twice mine and hubs combined!). One day I got sick and tied of hearing him go on and on about how 'tough' he had it and I told him "dad, you think you have it so bad why don't you try to live of MY salary and support 5 of us? Then you will know how tough it can be to make ends meet! That shut him up.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• $1000 a week and she's not making it that's insane!! I would have told her to shut up too.. we make maybe $2000 a month if we're lucky and she's whining because she brings in all that money every week and she can't make ends meet? she must be a shopoholic or something. Some people!!
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I have a friend like this. I think sometimes wealthier people try to act like they're not really wealthy so they can "fit in". Maybe they don't want to seem different from all of us who are barely scraping by.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Renea20 I am one of those people. It's really frustrating and confusing how people respond to someone with more money than they do. They expect it to be so easy to just spend money as if we don't have bills or children. I almost never shop and I always get this surprised look when my friends ask and I say I don't shop. I do feel out of place and awkward when people think it's ok to ask how much was this or that constantly. Geez that is rude and somehow is ok to ask me?? I just stay out of peoples business no matter if they make lots of money or very little because it's their choice.
    Anonymous