Do you think crap is a bad word?

My mother always told me not to cuss when I said crap as a kid...
Now, I let my two year old DD say it,

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsUpYV2l39Q

and actually influenced her to (unintentionally... but yeah I know, not very responsible, but this in no way defines our morals, thanks)

Destiny13

Asked by Destiny13 at 12:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's better than the alternative of "shit".
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think its in the middle of being an okay slang word and being a bad word. My son likes to use that word and I tell him not to say it in front of me or any other adults. If he's hanging around his friends,thats one thing but he just out of respect I don't want him saying it where adults can hear it.
    He likes to say "WHAT THE CRAP??" and I know he's using it as a substitute for another word that is much worse,lol...and I feel like he knows he's getting away with it. He also likes to say "WHAT THE FREAK??"...thats also not one of my favs,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• no way
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i was not allowed to say it and neither is my dd. it's just an ugly word. but i'd rather hear that than shit.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I HATE THAT WORD! IT SOUNDS LIKE , DISGUSTING. LIKE SHIT! EWW
    Anonymous

• It's a "grey area" word. When they were little, I told my kids that they weren't old enough to say that word - it was a "grownup word". When they got older, I didn't mind as much. Now they use it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I put it in the same category as hell and damn...not the worst swears in the world, but certainly not anything I'd let a small child say. My 13 yr old is allowed to say them though as long as it's not in front of her 5 yr old brother.
    Anonymous

• I do not consider crap a bad word, and I don't care if my kids say it. Its just a descriptive word.
    TheBodyShopMom

Answer by TheBodyShopMom at 1:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It's not something that should be said at certain times and places, but no, I don't think it's the worst word you can say.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I like the word crap. Whenever I'm watching TV and an adult (especially a super tough guy) says it because they aren't allowed to use stronger language on TV I just have to giggle. It cracks me up.
    I use it all the time but my kids aren't supposed to. I tell them to use "crud" instead but I don't punish them if I catch them saying it on accident.
    In the end it's just a word and words only have as much power and meaning as you give them.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010