Would it be the same?

Why is it that he has free reign to blow up on me for the stupidest things, and god forbid I get defensive about it. I just can't help but wonder if the tables were turned, would he feel the same as I do? Lost and confused? I feel I have nobody to talk to. Very Alone. Sorry, just had to vent......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I had an ex like that. Very controlling and all he's gonna do is keep bringing you down. I'd throw him to the curb and find someone who will treat you like an equal and like he cares.
    Anonymous

• why dont' you turn the tables and find out. When he get's all made just act happy as can be, and when you see something stupid that needs correcting, correct him. Then when he gets defensive, point out, how does it feel to be treated like that? Then sit down and talk about it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i agree with anon. i'd dump him and find someone who can respect you, instead of just tear you down all the time.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• So turn the tables. Let him know that you mean what you say. Say what you need and stick up for yourself and your child/ren and do what you say you will do. He will get it pretty quickly.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• MEN! They can dish it out but they can't take it! We can't live with them and can't live without them!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• he doesn't have free reign to do that unless you let him. you have every right to let him know when he is mistreating you. rather than defend yourself, just tell him stop it, stop talking to me that way, if you have something to say to me i'll listen when you can talk to me respectfully, etc. you don't need to defend yourself against attacks and really that is no way for him to accomplish anything except start a fight. refuse to discuss things unless he talks to you properly and let him know that...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010