What the hell is going on??

Last night I took a First Response 6 days sooner HPT. At first I thought it was negative, but when holding it up to the light you can see a line, almost like an indentation where the positive line is supposed to be. That result came up with in 5 minutes, so I know it is too soon to be an evaporation line.

So I took another test this morning with FMU and the EXACT same thing! With in 3 minutes of testing! At first glance it looks negative, but if you look at it in the sun you can see something where the line is supposed to be. What are the chances of 2 tests having "evap lines" with in such a short amount of time?

Today is still 4 days before AF is due, so I am going to test again the day AF is supposed to be here. But I'm not sure what to make of this!? Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yup that happened to me too and I was pregnant....with twins!! LOL Congratulations!!!
    Anonymous

• id say congrats! that was how it was with me i didn't get really good tests till about 4-5 days after my missed period but had the hold it to the light to see type tests!
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 12:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• ai've always waited until I was late so not personal experience but from what the other ladies were saying it sounds like you are pregnant. Congrats.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 1:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OP here: to opps and anon, did your tests look like evap lines? I swear I see something there, but it's almost like a shadow where the line is supposed to be but I'm not sure if I see a pinkish tinge to it or not. Whatever it is, on both it showed up way too fast to be evap lines.
    Anonymous

• if it showed up before 10 minutes im pretty sure it is a positive line and not evaporation line
    oppsdiditagain

Answer by oppsdiditagain at 4:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• when i was younger my mom made me take a test like that and it showed up really light so i thought i wasnt pregnant but a week later i went to the doctor and was.. try a digital test thats wht i used this time and their more accurate unless you have low levels
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 9:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Actually, an evap line can appear at any time. You have an antibody strip that will only pick up dye in the presence of hCG. Once that line gets wet, you may be able to see it at any point. If there is no dye attached to the line, it is an evap. http://www.peeonastick.com/hptfaq.html#7
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:36 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Wasn't an evap line! Took digital today and it definitely said Pregnant! Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Jun. 20, 2010

• How exciting!! Congrats! I was going to say with my 3rd I was arguing all over the place that they were seeing a "shadow" and it wasnt really positive!! I took a digital a couple hours later....it was positive!! LoL!
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 2:43 PM on Jun. 21, 2010