Do you think I should let my kids watch Miley Cyrus?

I included her latest video for those of you who haven't seen it. It's rather vulgar!

http://ksne.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=104668&article=7249600

SJetson

Asked by SJetson at 12:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Well, do they know her as Hannah Montana? That is fine if they are too young to find out about the new video. If they are older, I would let them watch, but, let them know how acting like that wrong.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I won't let my kids, especially since this latest video....rarely does any musician stick to morals...
    Anonymous

• Miley turns 18 in October, I cant believe I retained that information...lol, So I think her videos from now on are going to be on a more adult level. Just like Brittney, just like Christina...and on and on it goes
    Anonymous

• I don't think her video is vulgar. I think she looks cute personally. With that being said, I don't really care of Miley Cyrus because I think her music is just visual effects, sound effects, and a recording studio that makes her sound semi-decent. I don't think she would make past the first round at American Idol if her dad wasnt who he is. She got lucky plain and simple. She shouldn't have to sit there and explain the way she dresses. Thats ridiculous to me. But I don't see anything wrong with letting your kids listen to her seriously.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• She is getting to be like Spears.. girls..thinking she is an adult and should be able to do what she wants. Parents still should be directing her to make good decision -they are still responsible for her actions- she is 17 yrs old. She is out there now days. Kids should be protected by the parents until they are legally able to make their own decisions. Stay away from this type of risky business.
    links2life

Answer by links2life at 1:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• you cant censor your kids forever. they are going to see the world eventually! and unforunatley this world is filled with lots of sluts! its not like shes having sex in the video though. there gonna see it wether you let them or not, or atleast hear about it because you know all there friends already saw it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No
    Anonymous

• wow, that's just nasty. notice how she used the cage rib as a stripper pole. yeah I want my kids watching that (not)
    Anonymous

• Her Hannah show... Yes.. Its a cute show.. Watch her other crap-no...
    "hannah" is a child. its a child show...
    Miley is now an adult! (or damn well close enough).. She is now in the britney spears catagory.. Its going to happen.. What about the Icarly girl? Give her 3yrs! or those other disney girls that are out their right now... They all will grow up.. People need to learn this :) Some will grow up with class, some wont...
    Teach your kids about idols! You cant control hollywood but you can help your children view it in a different way.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 2:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Rather low grade and vulgar it is. I wouldn't want my dd thinking this was an example to emulate, so no way.

It is true we can't protect our kids forever, but we can do it as long as possible, to allow them to mature before being exposed to such crap. And you can "control Hollywood"-- turn off the damn TV!! My dd enjoys reading, playing an instrument and other activities. She does not need to be shown how to act like a stripper---more is expected of her than that.
    Anonymous