What do you do when your kids are so bored of sitting in the house but you have no money to take them anywhere or do anything with them my kids are 13,12 and 7?

My kids are going absolutly crazy they are soo bored in this house I actually do feel sorry for them. But we've had alot of financial set backs this year. I don't have gas money to even drive anywhere w them. They are old for the park obviously (except for the 7 yr old) so that's out the closest pool is 6 miles away and its an expensive pool. ($7 per kid) any one else in this bind???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• water balloon fight. a bag of balloons that size are less than $2.
    Anonymous

• Make them get a job. Maybe you could all deliver newspapers together and use taht money to do something.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Let them invite friends over and buy some cheap water guns or turn on the sprinklers. Have pot luck bbq's.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• skateboards, bikes, roller blades, out, out, out!! I was outside all summer long. If you feel comfortable in your neighborhood that is...:)
    Anonymous

• Make them get a job
    ________________
    the oldest is 13, and it's the last thing they want to do during the summer...lol

I say have water fights outside, picnics for lunch outside....a 13 year old isn't too old for the park if you can get them to have fun.
    Anonymous

• I'm in that boat. And we are down to one car and dh takes it to work. We work on the yard a lot together. We have a vegetable garden, I've even taught my 16 month old how to pull out the baby weeds,lol. We have board games that I play with the older one when my youngest takes her nap. The other day we brought a bunch of blankets and sheets down to the dining room and built a "tent" using the dining room table and chairs and I let them eat lunch under there. Let them make thier own pizzas for lunch...you can even do it the cheap but good way. We toast plain white bread in the toaster,cover it with spaghetti sauce and I lay out some different stuff for them to put on like pepperonis,cheese,mushrooms,black olives or whatever else they might want that I have in the cubbard.On hot days, I set up the sprinkler and the baby pool.Hopscotch with sidewalk chalk in the driveway.They look for bugs and collect them in jars I've saved.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Ride bikes, play outside, play in the water hose, color, crafts, go to the library, make a tent in the living room, have them write a play and act it out for you, make up dances to music, ....

Kids can have fun by simply using their imaginations.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 1:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Why are they too old for the park? Let them run around outside. If your neighborhood is unsafe go with them. Think back to times when kids had to make their own toys/fun. Newspapers to make kites. Hide and seek. Kick the can (like hide and seek but you get to kick a coffee can when you win). Swing on the swings. Even teenagers use swings. Bathing suits and a sprinkler. Cheap box of popsicles. For next year does anyone like to garden? A little dirt and plants started from seeds started early spring. Think cheap.
    Sasha51

Answer by Sasha51 at 1:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I tell them to find something to do or they can wash walls.
    I have no car and no money. My kids entertain themselves. If they keep whining about being bored I break out the bucket of soapy water and tell them to get to work...there's always something that needs to be cleaned.
    Luckily, we do have a pool in our backyard but they can only use it when it's hot enough. The park is around the corner and the 3 older ones go play there every day (they are 7, 8 and almost 10). They have their bikes and neighborhood friends.
    I never went anywhere or had money when I was a kid and always found something to do (had no choice, we didn't have cable, there was nothing on TV, no video games or stuff like that...we used our imaginations).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• the oldest is 13, and it's the last thing they want to do during the summer...lol

Umm...my cousin was about that age when she and my aunt delieverd newspapers one summer. It was a good way to earn extra money and it gave her something to do. Don't knock it. Kids used to be a lot younger when they first started working.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010