Anyone else have a dh that tries to hang up corny decorations in the house?

In our beautiful sunroom, the man has STAPLED about 10 different BROWNS NFL hand towels from the top of our curtains,lol.(mind you,its not even football season)
He has lined our shelves with old empty coke,pepsi and beer bottles. (lovely man collection but I think it would be best for the GARAGE,lol).
Now he has pulled out a bunch of old tarnished HUGE pictures that doesnt even have glass over them, just the frame and the picture that he wants to hang on our living room walls!! One is of an Eagle with an American Flag that looks to be about 35 years old.Another is that collection of all the new state quarters. Those are just 2 examples.I told him he can go ahead and hang them wherever his heart desires..if he can find them when he gets back home,LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• May I just say......Thank you Lord for a man with some decorating sense! Yes, we are the proud owners of some bad 'art' and the coin collection (Philadelphia and Denver mint both, thank you) but he wants to keep them nice. So, they are lovingly packed in his closet. Amen
    MaggiesMom208

Answer by MaggiesMom208 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• holy heck....!!!! NO WAY! lol!!!!! I would die if he put anything like that up! Sounds like he needs a man room/space to do his thing in!!!
    Anonymous

• Nah! Little by litte...yard sale by yard sale, all of my husband's "decor" has slowly "disappeared!" LOL

He does have a "man cave" in the basement though, if he decides he needs new "tackyware!" As long as I don;t have to look at it...I don;t care! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 1:34 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• He wouldn't dare! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 1:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• He needs his own space. Garage,basement,attic,anyplace. Keep the house nice. Has his mother seen his "decorating". My ML has very good taste. She would tell my husband exactly what she thought of his redecorating.
    Sasha51

Answer by Sasha51 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• give him a man cave! point him and his stuff in the direction of the garage..lol
    Anonymous

• Yes, he has his own space...a huge two story garge, lol. But he wants to decorate IN the house. Why? I have no idea. I told him he can have the basement too, LOL...he doesnt want it though because its like a dungeon down there...which, in my opinion would suit his decorating sence very well,lol.
    Anonymous

• haha! mine tries to do that all the time! but I always stop him or take it down, And my DH has the picture with the eagle and the american flag and he tried hanging it up in my living room! I was like, take that down and put it in the basement or garage! It looked so tacky.
    BrandyBaby22

Answer by BrandyBaby22 at 1:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• And yes...his mother has seen it too. We just look at eachother and she sends me sympathy, lol.
    Anonymous

• I know exactly how you feel, in our bedroom SO has a empty heniken keg, and has hung red Christmas lights around our mirror, he also has them around our door and around the bottom of the bed. He says it is okay because they have white cords and are all red. I told him they are still only for x-mas but he thinks they are the coolest thing.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010