Wellbutrin

Does it have any sexual side effects? What are the side effects?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 1:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• My husband took it to quit smoking and it did not effect his libido. Other antidepressants have though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I was on it about 5 years ago- major decrease in sex drive. was really unpleasant.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm on it now. No effects.
    Anonymous

• My sister was on it for a while and she said that it made her want sex all the time! She couldn't handle it so she switched... I haven't had any experience with it though.
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Wellbutrin Sexual Side Effects- Although Wellbutrin may be less likely to cause sexual side effects than other antidepressant medications, sexual side effects are still a possibility with Wellbutrin. Changes in sex drive and impotence are among the Wellbutrin sexual side effects that may occur. However, if a person does develop sexual side effects during treatment with Wellbutrin, it is difficult to know whether these problems are because of depression or Wellbutrin itself.
    Marshallsmom422

Answer by Marshallsmom422 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It varies with everyone, but my hubby is on it now, and other than making him sleepy-{not conducive to sex...}he has no decrease or increase in libido.
    mommyharmon

Answer by mommyharmon at 2:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2010