What is good to pack for my daughters lunch

Hi my 17 year old daughter is involved in the community services program on Thursdays since last September go to school half a day get picked up well now school is out they go on outings and for the last several weeks have been going to diffrent parks I would like to know what would be good to pack for her lunch and how do I go about keeping her drinks or drink cold here at home before she leaves so it will stay cold.

They go out sometimes to eat sometimes they go to the burrell or craig center watch a movie have popcorn or do various things they have to have a lunch and drink when not eating out and I am on a limited budget thanks moms

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 1:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• sandwich chips snack and drink..
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• At 17 I would think she'd be able to pack her own lunch with whatever she wants. And if she doesn't want what you have on hand, she can get a job and buy the food she wants. As far as keeping drinks cold, freeze them and they will thaw throughout the day. (Plus they will work in place of an ice pack for other food.)
    Anonymous

• If she is 17 help get her involved in creating a lunch menue. My 17 yr old dd really enjoyed packing her own lunch last year. You didnt say if it has to be a paper sack lunch or not. If she can bring a lunch box, then the sky is the limit. She can bring a mini ice pack and keep everything cold till lunch time. If its paper sack only, then freeze water bottles and use as ice packs. Dd and I make tuna fish mix, put it in tupperware and add to bread later. Cut up veggies and ranch dip on the side in plastic containers. Get creative, you would be surprised how many fun lunches can be made in a small amount of time.
    Anonymous

• I agree, make her pack her own lunch. She will be on her own soon, she'll need to learn.
    Anonymous

• Tortillas!
    Tortilla and lunchmeat roll up (I cut my dd roll ups like sushi but please, your 17 yrold will die of embarrassment lol)
    Tortilla BLT
    Tortilla, cream cheese and olives
    Tortilla, chicken nuggets with honey mustard
    Tortilla and polish sausage

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree with everything anon:48 said.
    Anonymous