• In the Spotlight:

Anyone have nipple rings, I do and I was told it was horrible for a mother to have them...wtf. What do you think about it?

I have nipple rings, and no one really knows about it except a few close friends and my sister and of course SO who is a tattoo artist/piercer. Anyway I got my nose done about a week ago and My MIL was asking about it and I just in passing told her about my nipple rings that I have had for a long time and she had no idea, Well anyway she told me that it was in bad taste and that Mothers don't do things that. I was freaked out I was like you didn't know and most people don't so that makes me a bad mom how? What do you think? I thought her response was stupid WHat do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I personally wouldn't pierce my own nipples but not because I'm a mother but because I am a big baby and would probably die at the sight of a needle coming toward my nipple,lol.
    Mothers are not just mothers...it doesnt make you who you are rather being a mom is a part of what you are. Mothers are women and allowed to have different ideas and have an identity other than just being a mom.
    I wouldn't give a second thought to what your MIL said. She has her opinion and she is entitled to it. Doesnt mean you have to go and take out the rings just because she disagrees with the concept. She doesnt have to look at them. Hope she didnt ask to see them,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• meh, she can get over it. piercings don't make someone a bad mother, being a bitter, hurtful, uncaring person does.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• definatly stupid. i have 6 piercings & one of them is a vertical hood! my SO loves it and thats all that matters! i get shit from my family sometimes for them but thats because they are old and from a different generation but they better get used to it because piercings are very popular now. obviously piercings have nothing to do with how good of a mother you are. my SO didnt have any piercings when we first met, but i kept telling him how sexy he would be with some piercings so now he has his eyebrow and his lip and i dont think his mother was too happy about it at first but i dont give a shit cuz hes mine now! haha.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You can peirce every part of your body if you want to, doesnt effect you being a good mom or not,,,,lol
    Anonymous

• nothing wrong with being a cool sexy pierced/tattooed mom. there aren't enough cool moms out there
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Tell her that her son really likes them and that's all that matters to you. That might shut her up.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I had them but took them out after I got pregnant and I think they closed.... So no it doesn't make you a bad mother, I have my bellybutton pierced amd all
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Just thinking about that makes me sick....OUCH! Nipples are delicate tissue and not to be damaged. I would NEVER pierc any delicate tissues that could be infected ...it could happen and then scar tissue will develop and who knows what else. ANd it isn't sexy or beautiful! A woman's actions make her sexy...not a bunch of potentially damaging piercings. Holy cow...
    Anonymous

• I could care less who has a nipple ring or not and it doesn't bother me or make me think less of a mother that has one. What I do know is that may be hard to breastfeed.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i think it would make someone a bad mother if they are spending money getting tatts and piercing instead of getting their kids things they want and need
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010