RE: Flying Poop Question....

Do any of you believe that a 3 week old, even the smartest, most genius 3 week old in the world..has the ability to hold some poop back to save until his mom changes his diaper just so he can shoot it out at her all because his dad laughed when it happened the very first time she changed his diaper? I say no...what about you?
And if you don't believe that, then apparently we hold our kids to too low of a standard. Because "if the babies in the 'My Baby Can Read' video can read at 4 months, then, obviously 3 week olds can control their bowels just to please dad."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think it's more of a reaction to the diaper being removed and the air hitting him. It's startling so he reacts and the poop flies. Been there, done that

Answer by admckenzie at 1:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I agree, but, she thinks I am the crazy one....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I dunno it might be possible.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:03 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Babies are sneaky little shits.. LMAO
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 2:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• LOL...it would be a funny thought to think that they can not only manage to have the ability to control thier own bowels at that young of an age but to do it to get a laugh out of dad from it, LOL. I suppose nothing is IMPOSSIBLE however, I would think that it would be highly doubtful,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You forgot to add that he knows how to "follow instructions" and "can barely crawl" so i assume that means he is starting to already? yea ok.
    Anonymous

• Yes, they can and do hold pee or poop briefly. And the often wait until a diaper change to go or when put into a potty position ( even an accidental one like a carseat position). I've pottied my baby since birth so I know from experience. It's not to make dad happy though :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 4:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• yep sure do...NOT....at 3 weeks old my dd was still sleeping most of the day...oh and we were NOT giving her any negative attention...who in the world honestly thinks that at 3 weeks their baby can hold their bowel movements until mom changes a diaper, when every mom is barely starting to potty at 2?!
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Yea, i saw that post - that woman clearly needs to be on some form of medication.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010