What is your opinion??

I have no friends or family here on the island where I live. Things are hard for my husband and I. I am expecting twins in the next month. My sister in the states had an idea. To do an online baby shower of sorts. She suggested for me to register on Babys R Us and then we'd send out the info to friends and family. Apparently when you buy something off the registry from the site, the store will ship it to me. Anyone have any experience doing this? What do you think of the idea? Thanks for any suggestion or comments!

Asked by JustMeTiff at 9:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I think its a wonerful idea...I want an invite now...

Answer by rockin_rae at 10:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I think it's a great idea! The shipping with the company would probably be cheaper than shipping it from the P.O.

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• That sounds like a great idea!!!

Answer by Irelyn at 9:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• yeah! actually i had to do the same thing!!! lol, it works great!!!!

Answer by enjen at 9:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I had a online baby shower my friends surprised me with. They had a open chat going and it was fun and I got some really cute things. It was fun to get things in the mail to cause I never knew what was in the box until I opened it ;-D

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Sounds like a great idea, sorry to hear you are so far away from family and friends. hold on tight to your man. congrats on the twins.

Answer by AuntieVetta at 10:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I agree with the register at babies R us. they could actually buy you gift cards for those places as well and you could do the shower online with a webcam! that would be fun! but i understand your situation 100% i have a 2yr old and a 13 month old and was diagnosed with cancer when my son was 6 wks old. We have NOONE here to help us at all. we were so stressed, but we had faith in God and he prevaled and we are doing great now and have actually met a few friends locally. good luck with the twins!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I agree and think its worth a try i think its a great idea and 1 boy 1 girl4me try going gerson it helped me and my kids when i was ill

Answer by Patience1 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i think it's a good idea. go for it! i've had someone ship me a give from that site and it was fine. you just don't get the pretty wrapping paper. ;)

Answer by sarahmarie85 at 10:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• i think this is a great idea! Register with Babies R Us, I used them and they are great, when you register you put down the things most needed and that you like and family and friends will purchase the items and the store will gladly ship them too you. Best Wishes

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Jun. 28, 2008