Does anyone have any weird cleaning habits??

After I sweep and mop our floors (hardwood, hate them) my boys are required to wear socks lol. I know its odd, but I feel it keeps the floors cleaner longer. I also wear socks while doing them. Anyone else have any odd rituals or requirements??

Jessica_5

Asked by Jessica_5 at 2:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Actually socks would scuff them up and dirty them quicker. Just pointing that out.
    Anonymous

• I'm a night cleaner, lol. I mean I clean all day long. I like things to stay in order but with my 15 month old who has way too many toys and my SO who insists that after coming home from work he wont do anything including cleaning his own trash I stay pretty busy. But I like to do one final walk through after everyone is in bed. I will do whatever needs done. Sometimes it will keep me up half the night. Like last night I swept and mopped and cleaned the fridge after everyone was in bed.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i vacuum one way like left to right and then i vacuum right to left lol, i also clean after everyone is in bed i cant sleep knowing that dishes need to be done or laundry or whatever
    girlie2

Answer by girlie2 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Kitchen, living room, bathroom, trash out, dust, sweep, mop....any other order I get all jumbled and can't handle it.
    Anonymous

• lol - I take off my clothes to clean the shower / bathtub (well - when I clean the tub, I'm in bra and panties. When my kids were little, I did it when they were in bed or not at home. Now, I do it when they're gone or I just tell them "I'm upstairs cleaning bathrooms, so don't come up here..." Otherwise, I tend to get my clothes soaked.

Then, usually, I take a shower myself, to make sure that I don't have any cleaner splashed on me (and to get rid of the smell - I like the smell of the clean bathroom - on the bathroom! I don't like when I smell like the bathtub cleaner - no matter what kind I use lol).

Also, I wash all my dishes - with soap - before I put them in the dishwasher.

I won't vacuum before I sweep the kitchen (so it doesn't track back in lol), and after I sweep, I vacuum the whole house (or at least that floor) all at once. It bugs me to only do, say, the living room and not the rest.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 2:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• yeah I don't find that cotton socks dirty them quicker or scuff them, quite the opposite. We've had a flooring business in our family for over 60 years or so, and I guess it comes from going to sites with my dad and not wearing shoes on the floors they were installing.
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I also do it in room order, my kids are confined to their rooms while I clean, (theirs is off the LR) and I clean from the bathroom to the kitchen into the dining room, to the LR, and then their room, so I'm not constantly tracking dirt onto the floors I've just cleaned lol.
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 2:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would not wear shoes or boots on my wood floor . Socks would be a good thing,in my opinion. I mean...aren't socks clean? Mine are! :-) But, I also clean the shower stall before I take a shower...its so much easier to clean it while in it without clothes. And I shower all the cleaning product off of me when I am done.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I also have to admit, that I'm 6 months pregnant, and live in the south with like a bazillion % humidity, so it gets hot lol, so I've found that when I clean I do tend to lose clothing, typically my shirt, otherwise I find it hard to breath lol
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• HA HAHA I wear socks when I steam the floors. They get soggy, but I figure it's better than wearing shoes, which have outside dirt on them. We have laminate throughout the house except for the bedrooms.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010