potty training PIOG

My daughter is 16 months. She tells me "poo" before she poops in her diaper (then goes to a special spot in the living room, behind the couch), she pauses and tells me "poo" while she's peeing (I'll check her right after sometimes and can tell she just wet). After she uses her diaper, she brings me a new diaper. She has been dry after some very long naps, and I know she's sufficiently hydrated. She likes sitting on the potty and has used it both for pee and poop if we have sat her there at the right times. She watches her older brother use the potty and then says, "poo... me!" and wants to sit after that. Ready to train, right? I know she's young, but to me that seems like ready (my son trained right around 2, I never would have thought of starting sooner). I'm thinking of putting her in underwear and hunkering down. It's also a good time for it, I'm not working this summer. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Here we go again... why the rush? Let her be a baby. She's not even 1.5 yet. Sheesh.
    Anonymous