my 13 month old bites alot! what can i do?

he bites me all the time! he bites his grandmother too. usually he bites when hes hungry, he wants a bottle, hes cranky, im trying to put him to bed and he doesnt want to go to bed, hes tired. it really hurts! what can i do? ive been telling him "NO bite" since he started biting at around 8 months i think but thats not working...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there's not much you really can do...it is a phase and he will grow out of it....i hated hearing that..my dd was a biter too..but it will pass..we always put our finger to dd's lips and told her "no no..we don't bite", and eventually she caught the jist of it...but it will take time. dd still bites on occasion and she's 2. as he gets older you can do time out for it, so that he understands that what he did was wrong. good luck. it will get easier.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 3:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Bite him back let him know it hurts!
    Anonymous

• omg thats hilarious. thats me, and my son and my mother. we say "no bite" and everything.
    i just asked this question like a month ago, & a bunch of people said "bite him back", so one time i bit him back and then said "if you bite mommy, mommy bite (his name)" and then one time i gave him a time out in his little chair in the corner & explained it to him.
    hes 14 months old now and he hasnt bite my since those last two incidents a few weeks ago.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 4:28 PM on Aug. 1, 2010