OK I NEED TO KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL FOR A BABY GIRL (sorry tmi)

ok i was changing my babys diaper (9mths) she had the runs but i also noticed in her poop there was like this bugger looking stuff..like discharge when u get your period, well there was a pretty big glop of it.. should i wait to see if she does it again then call the doc? what could it be? thanks

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait to see if she does it again. Did it come out with her poop or do you think it came out of her vagina?Because if it came out with her poop, it could have just been something she ate.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• its hard to tell which way it came out, she didnt eat anything new that would cause that, and i never seen stuff like that in her or any babys diapers before..
    babymama8787

Answer by babymama8787 at 2:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Could possibly be a yeast or bacterial infection....keep a close eye on it and watch for any redness.
    Anonymous

• Maybe it is a yeast infection since she hasnt eaten anything out of the ordinary. I would go ahead and give the doctors office a call. I have a 16 month old girl and I havent seen anything like that unless shes had some kind of funky poops,lol. They can probably offer you some good insight as to what it may be or if you should wait and see if it happens again.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• it sounds like a yeast infection. especially if she's had the runs for awhile. my oldest got them a lot bc she was constantly on meds for ear infections. call the doc. better safe than srry is my opinion
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010