What can he do to make it right?

My husband told some friends at work something private about our sex life, that I specifically asked him not to share. Now I know he went to work and bragged about it, and I feel embarassed and betrayed...and very let down and disappointed. The problem is now I dont know how to fix it.... he cant go back and not say it. And he is a typical man who thinks saying "Sorry.." will fix it.... UGH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• thats wierd. thats something that 14 yr old boys do. i mean, i guess i cant be 100% positive that my SO doesnt talk about our sex life, but my SO can be a jealous person - and i doubt he wants his friends or coworkers hearing about what i do him for him when we have sex. hes a grown man now and that his own personal business. i would pretty pissed off if i was you. i dont know what i would do. i would be disgusted.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:44 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well for now on...now that he is caught, make sure that he knows you know, make sure you tell him not to be doing it anymore.

there is private stuff my hubby told his guys at work too but they share thier stuff too with him and its not so bad when i have crap on them if they ever call me out on anything. so either be sure things are exchanged so you have stuff on them or just make sure things arent talked about again with hubby
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• There is really nothing he can do, he can't take back what he said. You will have to forgive,forget and move on with your life... You could tell someone something he does that would embarrass him but that would be childish and not get you anywhere.. If it was something good you did, try to take it as a complement and he was bragging on you. That still doesn't make it right but nothing is going to change what he said.. Now, if you have trust issues with him at a very intimate level, you will have to deal with and he will HAVE to earn your trust back...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:19 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well, what it was is that after being together for 7 years, I finally gave in to his pleading to attempt anal. All the guys at work talk about it, I know whose wives does it, because those guys have told. I also know that some of them like to get rim jobs...lol...anyways, since I know how "open" those guys are about their sex life, I knew that my DH would say something. I told him not to. And he didnt for several months. Then yesterday at lunch they were talking about it, and he came home and TOLD me. I didnt catch him. He admitted to it. He was trying to "brag" in a guess what my amazing wife let me do kind of way.... but to me I know now that those guys that we hang out with outside of work, will go home and tell their wives, and they will all know that I've done that. So its embarassing for me. even though I know they are into WAYY freakier stuff.
    I could embarass him back, but that is childish and I wouldnt do that.
    Anonymous

• lol. I'm sorry, that has to be EXTREMELY embarrassing. BUT if you really think about it....who cares? I know people say this on here a lot but does it affect your life so much, if at all, that those wives know? Like you said, they probably have their fair share of stuff they've done that they don't want you knowing about. Hell maybe even some of them are saying "Well its about time she gave him that" lol. The point is that it sucks but forgive and....well maybe don't forget lol. Just maybe get him to do something YOU'VE been dying to do in bed and either tell or use it as leverage for him never to tell again.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Would definately try that...but my husband has NO SHAME! lol.He cannot be embarassed.If he does something, he is proud of it.
    Anonymous

• Then brag! lol brag like no one else's husband ever does anything! lmao. Mine is sort of like that too; too much porn watching I guess. You can just tell him that what's between him and his friends...I mean if you don't get reminded that they know how can you be embarrassed or mad?

I'm trying, but there's really only a few options here....OH!!! maybe make him do something that WOULD embarrass him. For example mine HATES being see as non-manly so I could talk about him like he's very sensitive and does my every bidding, or maybe suggest he's more my slave (around the house). lol this gets to him every time.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 4:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010