What is the best deal you've ever gotten at a thrift store of yard sale?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I found a My Little Pony (2 actually) at the thrift store for .99 cents each. They were still in their boxes, and were from the 80's. I was going to give them to my 9 year old, but put them on ebay just to see what happened. I got over 200.00 for one and almost 30 dollars for the other! So my 2 dollars turned into 230. It was awesome! I got money from, and bought my daughter 2 brand new MLPs...
    LysNVantesMom

Answer by LysNVantesMom at 4:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• or yard sale*
    Anonymous

• 6 big books, a necklace and a DVD for $1.00. It was stuff everything into a bag for a buck.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:20 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I went to an antique sale at a firehouse by my sister. They had an old fashion glass cake stand with a dome. It had like an optic effect and it magnifies anything you put in it. I saw it and it was like slow motion & I had to gat to it as fast as I could! I asked how much and the little old lady said $10 and I could not get the $ out fast enough. The lady was so excited that I was excited to get it! It is perfect with no chips or cracks & you can turn it upside down & make it a punch bowl too! I LOVE IT and It is right beside me now on my counter. :)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• A really classy looking expensive file cabinet for$25.00. A pair of shoes,brand new,for $1.00. That's about it.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Four dresses for my daughter, two pairs of jeans for her, two long sleeve shirts, a pair of boots, a pair of flip flops for her, four tank tops for me, two pair of shorts for me and a pair of jeans and flip flops for me all for $1. Also one of the stuff a bag for a buck things and I REALLY stuffed! Got to the parking lot and the seam broke!
    Also, I got a big vacuum box full of books, mixture of adult and kids for $3.There ended up being over 300 books total in there, and we read all but about 15 which just sucked. I asked how much for books, she said "how much you want to pay for the box", all I had was $3 so she told me to take them and save her the trouble of setting them out.
    Great day!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• church sale week ago
    last hours everything in a bag for a buck

lots of clothes, most for ten yr old daughter, some for myself, work pants and shirt for husband, shorts for toddler, 2 magazines for me, forgot what else

donated back to a thift store what clothes did not fit

today went to rummage sale, turtle sprinkler head and outdoor ring toss, each 25 cents, our toddler will be giving to dad for fathers day
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• when i was pregnant with my first dd, i went to a yard sale. the lady was trying to get rid of a lot of baby stuff. we told her what we needed. she gave us a whole crib set (bumpers, sheet, head pad, dust ruffle, comfortable, diaper caddy, and window shade), towels, washclothes, bibs, socks, hats, hangers, recieving blankets, and some baby toys for 15 dollars. needless to say we were done for the day. and i still have almost all of it. (going on 3rd child)
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:29 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I was at a thrift store once in San Francisco and found a genuine Giorgio Armani jack for $4.00. I also once bought a Presidential Proclamation signed by Gerald Ford, with the official Presidential seal on it in a box of junk that was all $1.00. It's been appraised at up to $4,000 at auction. That was definitely my best find, lol! I have a friend that actually bought a framed picture from an auction that I frequent for 1.00...took it to antique roadshow and it was appraised at $10,000. You could become rich buying stuff like that if you knew what to look for.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• What seems like a long time ago (1998), I bought 2 Game Boys and 20 games for $50 at a pawn shop for my boys. The games ran about $30 a piece and the Game Boys were about $80, so I felt like we really got a deal. Yes, they all worked and my boys played them until they got a Game Boy Color.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010