Friend is working for my DH and it is going very badly....

A long time friend needed a job, my DH had a position open. Seems pretty simple right?
Well it is a job in a kitchen and it is hard work and the most of the other employees are difficult not to mention that my DH would be hard to work for - most Executive Chefs are PITA's.

6 weeks later she hates it, and is being disrespectful to my DH to his face and when talking about him to me.
He does not really complain about her but she thinks he is an A.hole.
Should I just stay WAY out of it and let whatever happens happen? Or should I tell her I do not appreciate her talking about DH that way?

chefronswife

Asked by chefronswife at 3:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd tell her you don't want to be involved and she needs to either work it out with your husband or complain to someone else.
    Anonymous

• Eek. If it were me, the next time she brought it up I'd say "I'm sorry but I won't choose sides between you and my husband. I'm sure you can understand how awkward that could be so I'd appreciate it if you left me out of it."
    Anonymous

• If it were me, I would tell her that you're not the best person to complain to about that subject, unfortunately, because you value your friendship, and you're loyal to your DH and don't like it when people bad mouth him.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Op: Yeah, only I am allowed to bad mouth him! :)
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:26 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• The business relationship should not spill into your friendship. Make that clear to her. Just because you are friends does not mean she gets treated any different.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Tell her if she can't handle the heat get out of the damn kitchen! He's just pushing her to be her best. That's not his real personality, that's him taking care of biz! She shouldnt take it personally.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 3:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Good point lowen, I think that is the trubby - she takes everything personally and it is always somebody else's fault. You have to be tough to work in a kitchen.

chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 3:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm with lowen on this one too. If anyone came up to me and was bad mouthing my dh I would probably freak out on her. NO ONE bad mouths my dh to me at all. I don't even care if it is one of my SILs or my MIL, it doesn't matter!
    My3LittleGirls

Answer by My3LittleGirls at 3:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Stay out of it. Let them work it out but tell her it's not kind or appreciated for her to badmouth your dh to you.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It would bother me if a friend started talking bad about my hubs-- especially if he helped to get her the job to begin with! I would tell her that whatever goes on at work is between the 2 of them, and you do not care to be in the middle and hear trash talk about your hubby. If she keeps it up I would tell her if she doesn't like the job/working for hubs then she should quit.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2010