Has anyone ever used a color remover on dyed red hair?

How'd it work out for you? I want my natural blond back, and don't really want to bleach and redye, or just grow it out. Is this something that will turn me funny colors?

laurelsmama

Asked by laurelsmama at 3:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Color remover may or may not work. It depends on your hair. It didn't work on mine but I have seen it work on others. Bleaching it out is the only thing that works for me:(
    I have a box of color fix if you want it-just pay postage. Its brand new.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i did on my dark red hair cause i'm tired of spending so much money on color and all of it came out and i'm back to my natural blonde
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• To Abusybee -- thanks for the kid offer, but I have some sitting on my bathroom counter. I'm just tryng to figure out if I'm brave enough to try it on my own, or if I really need to go to my stylist.
    laurelsmama

Answer by laurelsmama at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Oh don't do it! It will damage your hair so bad. Your best bet would be to go to a salon and have them get you to a blonde close to your original color and then let your hair grow out. Do not bleach your hair yourself either! The products they use to make you blonde in a salon are not the same as you would buy at lets say sally's beauty supply. If you try to strip the color yourself, you will just end up damaging your hair really badly.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Go to your stylist!! I dyed my hair red after being blonde, and tried to change it (I mean it turned out RED) and it ended up orange. My son said "mommy you've got fire on your head" yeah. Better to just go to the stylist in my experience lol
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 4:35 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• haha there's a reeeeally good chance that it will turn out orange!!! Even if you try bleaching it back blond theres a good chance of it turning out orange. Red hair dye is a b*tch to get out. At least that's my personal experience.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 4:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I used it once and it destroyed my hair. It also turned it a funky and uneven color that I had to have fixed professionally. It took over a year to grow out the damage from using that.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I will never use a color remover again. It trashed my hair and it wouldn't take any other color. It took two years for it to grow out enough that I could cut it off. If you just dyed your hair, go ahead and wash it sooner than you are supposed to. Maybe some of the color you don't like will wash out.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 8:39 PM on Jun. 19, 2010