enema...how do i use it?

i was advised to start giving myself enemas once a week for my hemorrhoids. the directions on the home kit are very vague. i know that i'm supposed to insert the tube and squeeze the fluid in, am i supposed to be on my hands and knees when i squeeze it in? do i stay in one position for a certain period of time? when do i go to empty it out? will it leak out when i get up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• You have to try to squeeze your butt cheeks together for as long as you can. This is supposed to help loosen the stool so that it comes out easier. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• no because stool softeners are harsh on the entire digestive system and enemas are not. they are actually good fo you because they clense your colon wereas enemas just aggrivate the intestines. also stool softeners make you go a few times a day and upset your stomach. enemas are a lot better for you
    Anonymous