My son most of the time has a gassey tummy, is it easy to switch formula? And what should I watch out for?

DeeDee102

Asked by DeeDee102 at 3:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• have u tried cutting out things that could be causing the gas? (garlic, beans, some dairy) it really depends on the age from what i have seen. my oldest had a harder time, but she had reflux and was premie. then my youngest loved it bc it came out so much faster than mommies boobs. u can always introduce a lil at a time like 2 oz. watch to make sure he's not eating too fast which will make gas worse. burp more often. good luck. if he's still having problems after u switch, tlk to ur doc. he may be allergic to dairy.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• are you breast feeding now and want to switch to formula? If so, just watch your diet, like PP above said. Be sure to burp him more in between too.

if you are already on formula and want to switch brands then try sticking with the same brand, just change to one designed to help with gas. And again make sure you burp more in between with a gassy baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• He is on formula full time and he is 4 1/2 months old. We have tried the formula for easy tummies and gas. He gets burped all the time. We have the gas relief medicane which seems to help him some. I was thinking that I might have to try a different brand. We use Emfamil and I am thinking of either Good Start or Similac.
    DeeDee102

Answer by DeeDee102 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• enfimil gental ease is what worked for my two, BIG difference! i just strarted it them on it. gl
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 3:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I've used similac, enfamil and nestle good start, IMO the Nestle was the best. Enfamil ProSobee I think was what we used on the 1st baby after similac assaulted his stomach lol j/k. It's not hard to switch tho, honestly I think they want you to slowly change, but I just switched completely. You should talk to your Dr. tho about switching formula, if you're on wic you may need a PX
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 4:31 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I mean RX lol gentle ease works good too. And we used the organic Nestle, found it to be easier on his stomach than others.
    Jessica_5

Answer by Jessica_5 at 4:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Personally I loved similac.. however I never tried good start, so either of those may be a better option.

Emfamil gave my DD stomach cramps, so we avoided that.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:51 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You should consult with a doctor about switching formula. All infant formulas are not the same. Soy should be the formula of last choice. You may not need to switch at all. In some countries formula is only available by RX! Of course it is never to late to relactate and breastfeed. Virtually all women can breastfeed. Almost all women that think they can't aren't correct.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• enfamil gentlease! it worked for my daughter 4 yrs ago and working now for my son
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 4:07 PM on Jun. 18, 2010