Announcing boy or girl...

My husbands cousin and I are due pretty much within days of eachother..we are trying to figure out a fun way to tell the whole family what we are both having. Does anyone have any suggestions or comments on how you told family?

brookelynn2609

Asked by brookelynn2609 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Get pink or blue t-shirts and either write on it w/fabric paint or marker or have it written on "baby girl" or "baby boy" with an arrow towards the stomach.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We made cards with an ultrasound picture that said It's a boy and announced what we were going to name him...and sent them to everyone we know.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 3:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Oooooo, a friend of mine got a baker to agree to make a cake...they got the ultrasound tech to write it on a paper....took the paper too the baker, the baker made a pink (or blue) cake inside with white icing on the outside....so when everyone was around they cut the cake and saw either pink or blue.

SUPER CUTE IDEA! I would like to do this myself!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I put my daughters initials on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope and the put that envelope in an envelope, and then put that envelope in an envelope about 10 times. We had a race for the grandmothers to see who could find out the sex first. We had a boys name and a girls name picked out. We did the race on the day we found out the sex.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You have some great suggestions here. Another one would be to use a free online announcement site like Amigram.com to write your message, include ultrasound photos, visitor comments, etc. and then send to family members.
    Amigram

Answer by Amigram at 5:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010