Ants have made a home in my son's sand box. And ideas?

I have sprayed ant raid all over our back porch trying to get them to stay away but they wont. How can I get them to stay out of the sand box without using chemicals to hurt my son?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Home & Garden

• "Maybe if you stir up the sand and ruin all of their tunnels they will leave. "

lol, no that doesn't work, and neither does pouring raid into their holes or soap and water..

but if anyone has idea's I'd love to hear them, I've tried sooo omany things to get them out of the patio and nothing seems to work.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Dump it out, and buy more sand!
    Anonymous

• Get little ant traps and sit them around the outside of the sandbox. They only work for a few weeks outside, but they do work well until they get old. The ants just walk through or over them then take the poisons back to the nest which kills them all. All you have to do is make sure your kid doesn't eat them! The poison is so little that it won't hurt him unless he tries to take a bite out of the trap.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Maybe if you stir up the sand and ruin all of their tunnels they will leave.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 4:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Well I had a friend tell me that putting dryer sheets in there would help. I am going to try it anyway.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010