Why is one nipple lactating all of a sudden?

I stopped bfing about 18 months ago and I only did it for about 2 weeks. I've noticed the discharge looks similar to breast milk but its kind of bloody. What does this mean???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Health

• um, the bloody show makes it sound like an infection. i would call the doc since u havent been nursing for awhile. u could have had ur milk ducts clogged then get infected. if u cant get into the doc, call ur local breastfeeding hotline.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:59 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My nipple was leaking in december after I had shoulder surgery and my boob was laying on the table because I laid on my side anyway--it was a staph infection, the doc took a sample of it on a slide. I was not breast feeding either, my story goes to show self brests exams are important.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010