So Heart Breaking:(

Last night I saw a little dog wondering in my front lawn. I approached her and she came right to me, very trusting. I invited her into my home to eat, drink, and get a good nights sleep before I started hunting down her owners (it was late last night). I ended up becoming very attached to her overnight:( But I knew I had to see if I could find her owners. I posted her on craigslist-no leads there. So I took her to the buddy center this morning. One side of me hoping she had a chip so she could go home (I am sure she was very missed!), but the other side hoping she didn't so I could keep her. Luckily she has a chip. I told the buddy center if her owners did not want her to call me and I would take her off their hands. (I worry they will put her down if the owners do not come get her) Do you think they will actually call if the owners do not want her? Or they just said they would to appease me?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 4:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pets

• Call every day and check and get a name of the person at reception. How big a facility is it? If it's huge, they may put the dog down but if it's smaller, they might actually call. I'd just keep checking in.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• they would probably call you. they are there for the well being of animals, not to put them down when someone else says they want them. i would call and check up on the dog and remind them if noone claims the dog you would be happy to take it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I think they would call, no one wants to put down a dog especially knowing that someone would take it in. Like another poster said though, I would call and see if they claimed her or not.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 8:12 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Call them up or go and check. I would go back they may not tell you anything over the phone.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Good news! She was taken back by her family! Phwew:)
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 3:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2010