Could I have some enlightenment about these verses from the Qur'an?

This is my question to Muslim women and others. Do you follow these commands from the pages of the Qur’an? I asked this question of our resident self-proclaimed Islam “expert” and her reply…well her reply is not suitable for printing here. Perhaps someone else can answer with less profanity and without labeling me a female dog. I didn’t know Muslims were allowed to curse like that!

1. 5:51 O ye who believe! take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors: They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them. Verily God guideth not a people unjust. Cont….

witchqueen

Asked by witchqueen at 4:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• We (this is for us Muslims too) cannot just pull verses out of the Quran and say OK this is what I will do today cause I am mad at the world or do not like someone cause they do not follow my belief system.

A person would have to study Islam and the time period as to when the Prophet - received the verses (where he was at, what was going on at that time period, who where the people Allah is referring to, etc)  to get an understanding as to their meaning and if they  may or may not still be applied to the lives of Muslims today.

I am hoping since you have time to find verses in the Quran your intention is to increase your knowledge and not start something that is not going to bring some form of benefit to your understanding of our religion.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:46 PM on Jun. 18, 2010

• 2. 5:72-73: They do blaspheme who say: "God is Christ the son of Mary." But said Christ: "O Children of Israel! worship God, my Lord and your Lord." Whoever joins other gods with God, - God will forbid him the garden, and the Fire will be his abode. There will for the wrongdoers be no one to help. They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• 3. 9:5 But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (trick in war for deceiving and outwitting the enemy); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them

Now I take these verses to be THREATS. That Muslims must not interact or be friendly to non-believers and must, in fact, do terrible things to them. Hopefully someone who knows more about the religion of Islam and the Qur'an can clarify these verses for me.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• This is just proof that their religious book is not the same as the bible, and that YOU like to start stuff.
    Anonymous

• go to muslm mom's group and ask your question there
    Anonymous

• These verses were revealed during time of war.
    Anonymous

• It's essentially the same as where the bible say 'thou shall not suffer a witch to live' People aren't killing witches (anymore). So reasonable Muslim's wouldn't take that literally; but more figuratively such as don't be unduly influenced by these outside forces and remain true to your faith sort of directive. Extremists would be another issue.

But that's just my interpretation; I'm a student of all religions a follower of none.
    Anonymous

• Since we are all aware of how you like to take something and manipulate it to fit your view on it, anyone can clearly see this is a way to group others to hate another group of people. There is no love in that, not that you have ever come off as a loving person. But the question is why all the hate? From an ex-satanist to a satanist I must tell you that there is no future in this religion. You'll end up alone and lonely for the rest of your hateful existence if you continue down this path. And it will end in death a lot sooner than even you would want. Come join Yahweh and allow him to love you and show you what joy is! He wants you still! Blessings..
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• to me it seems very similar to words out of the Christian Bible, mixing yokes and blaspheming, and antipagan. It is basically saying what all major religions say, that their deity is numero uno and that to be of their people they cannot stray, to keep it real within their dogma...I don't see the violence in that you see though, put yourself back into that time period and it means different things
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 6:08 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You are complaining about nastiness towards YOU? Oh Please. You answer with BITE ME to most in almost every post.

Why are you so THREATENED if all this stuff is fairytale to you anyway?
    Anonymous