My DS no longer gets the bottle but can olny drink from a sippy cup if I hold it or he is reclined

He is almost 13 mon.... has anyone else gone thru this? He could never hold up a bottle either.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's weird my DD was able to hold her cup alone at 9 months.
    Anonymous

• Most children can hold their own bottle or cup by 6 mos. I would just sit down in front of him. He will pick it up and drink from it if he really wants it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Talk to his doctor, he may need to be evaluated for his development. My breastfed grandbaby didn't drink out of a sippy cup much at that age. I would hold a cup and he was a champ at drinking with a regular straw. That was great with us because most sippy cups are bad for kids' mouths and development.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would mention it to the doc, but it may not be a big deal. Have you tried the straw cups? they have them in a no-spill variety. That worked better for my girls.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:18 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My sone doesnt like sippies either. I started him on straw cups at 8 months old. Hes a pro at them :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010