Hair dye help! What to do?

Gosh. I dyed my hair out of a box and now the top is fading and the bottom is still very dark. I can't afford a salon. How do I fix this? Do I just put the dye on the top part of my hair and leave the ends dry? Has this happened to anyone else. Aaaah! my husband will be so pissed if I need corrective coloring.... : (

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• you can get the root touch up. when mine starts to grow out i just re dye my whole head. but mine is always black i never go with another color so it doesnt matter if i just go right back over whats still dyed
    Anonymous

• Uhh... you just touch it up. It's not the end of the world.
    Just get the same dye, and redye the portions that have grown out.
    Anonymous

• I'm the OP. It's not growout though, it's that the dye has faded at the top only. It's washout dye that really seems to only wash out on top. So I should just dye the top again?
    Anonymous

• get the root touch up in the same color. or the same dye but use a brush (one for hair coloring) and apply to just the areas that need it
    Anonymous