Accidentaly smothing my own child while breastfeeding?

i was wondering if there was any other moms out there who have been through this? i am a young mom who doesn't know how to feel? anymore its been a year since my daughter died? if any one has to relate to this please let me know thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i am so sorry for your loss.
    if it eases your mind at all, i was engorged and i was feeding my 3rd child (so i was an experienced breast feeding mom) and i looked down at my blue faced daughter. she is fine, and she regained her color immediately, but i think it could have easily been very bad.
    have you talked to a therapist about this? or a priest, or a preacher?
    i wish you peace.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:54 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm very sorry this happened to you. I know nothing I say will make it better, but you are in my prayers.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Don't worry about "how" to feel. Feel however you feel. You're entitled to feel whatever you feel. I am so sorry for your loss. This is something that I think is pretty rare, and I would hope it would not lead you to not want to nurse future children. Have you spoken to a doctor, or a counselor? It may help with the grieving process. If not, and you do feel that you'd like to talk to someone, and are not comfortable talking to a professional, feel free to message me. I have no idea of what I'd be able to do, but I'm a good listener, and sometimes, that is all you need.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• thank you for some feed back it is just hard to get over it i guess i never really will it is just going to be something i have to live with but.......How?? it has been a year she was born May 14 2009 and past June8 2009 and with my two year old son i still am so paranoid i wake up in the night to check if he is breathing i am just so scared now....i just have a lot of guilt like it is my fault. and what if's....
    Mis.S89

Answer by Mis.S89 at 6:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010