Help making Labor easier??

I don't want to go into labor early...so please don't think that is what I am asking! I am 31 weeks...what can I do to help me have an easier labor? I've read about some teas and some evening primrose oils....does that stuff really help your labor go smoother? Any other advice? Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First baby?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Honestly, your body is going to handle labor how it wants to. Just try to relax while in labor and try deep breathing techniques.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• meditation, put yourself in a calming environment... warm baths... soft music maybe even candles. Something or somewhere you can be to let your body relax, that way your body can birth your baby better. I learned that if i was stressed out about the contractions that i would NOT dialate.
    Anonymous

• Labor at home as long as possible and do it in the tub or shower. Warm water on the nipples helps stimulate contractions and the hot water on your stomach during contractions help to dull the pain. Loved being in the shower with my first. Didn't make it there before the second was ready to come out. Above all relax and try to go with the flow and not let the docs interrupt and monitor and tell you what you HAVE to do.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 4:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• OP HERE:
    This is my 2nd baby...and with my first my labor was horrible which is why I am asking :)
    Anonymous

• i agree with doing most of your laboring at home. try different things, walking, resting, bath, shower, slow dancing with dh, birthing ball...just find what seems to fit at that moment.
    good luck mama!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i'd read some about relaxation. maybe hypnobabies or hypnobirthing, birthing from within, easing labor pain, etc. gl :)
    Anonymous