My wedding colors are White and Lapis (purple). I want to be on a budget for the wedding since we are saving for a house.I don't want to go over $2,000 what are some good ideas?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 5:09 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• Depending on the size of the wedding party and how elaborate you want to decorate, keep it simple. Make your own bows; do single stemmed flowers with ribbons down the stems instead of bouquets; use dark chocolate (purple) Hershey kisses in a bowl at the guest book table; use glass marbles to accent candles; use real petals(they are free) for the flower girl (from the garden or your neighbor's garden), and shop bargain bins or dollar stores. Simple can be elegant. Congratulations! Best Wishes.
    Coeykid

Answer by Coeykid at 7:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Thank u
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 7:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Vegas!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I can help you create chocolate labels for favors. They look super cute. PM me.
    rosadnr

Answer by rosadnr at 1:40 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• For us, it was about being married, not getting married. We had a small ceremony in the Rabbi's study and invited the people we love to a bar-b-que

Answer by rkoloms at 8:06 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• Don't be afraid to let those close to you share their talents. When I got married I was worried to let people volunteer to do things for free. My close friend kindly explained to me that it wasn't "charity". She wanted to do these things to be involved in my big day and to feel more a part of it. She did beautiful bookmark favors for us, and she and her boyfriend's mom made terrific centerpieces from artificial flowers. She enjoys doings these things anyway, and was glad to contribute. Just make sure you give special acknowledgment on the big day. Good Luck!
    djredhot

Answer by djredhot at 8:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2010

• I think you keep it small,, and do wildflowers and nice food. Is the 2,000 include the place to rent as well?
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:18 AM on Jun. 18, 2010