Does anyone on here ever get tired of the stinking teen moms on here acting as if getting pregnant was no big deal? I'm also sick of them telling parents of teens to give their kids freedom or else they will run wild.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• IM GETTING SICK OF ALOT OF THINGS ON HERE i NEED A BREAK FROM CAFEMOM FOR AWHILE :( I USED TO LOVE IT HERE
    Anonymous

• the more you try to hold a teen back the more they rebel. dont you think a teen would know that?
    Anonymous

• I was just about to comment on what you said about giving teens freedom or they run wild and was not surprised when I read the second answer. I don't buy it, it's bull. The only teens I knew when I was a teen and those of friends and family who run wild are the ones with no rules. It's digusting to see. Alcohol, drugs, cigarettes, unprotected sex (and I know that last one because of the number of pregnancy scares we're told about) abound. God forbid a parent take some time out of their lives and acutally be parents.
    Anonymous

• i was a teen mom and to me it wasn't a big deal. BUT i was married before i ever got pregnant and living on my own. I was holding down my own job and paying my own bills. never once have i or would i tell a woman how to handle their teenage daughter.

but for me a teenage pregnancy was the best thing. and a family was what i wanted then an now. here 11 years later i don't regret my choice at all. i care for my family like i wanted, and life the life i wanted.

Sorry your having know it all people trying to tell you how to raise your child when they are not now nor have they been in your or your childs place. they don't have the years behind then and are probably on their first pregnancy. most people in their teen years thought they knew everything.
    I really hope this passes and things between you and your child works out for the better.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 5:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I don't think a kid has any right giving me,an adult,advise on anything. Just because we both have given birth does not give you the knowledge that a grown woman has.Giving teens too much freedom has resulted in behaviors we hardly ever saw in the past. my kid can have all the freedoms he wants when he's paying the bills himself and living on his own. I don't think I'm asking much to have him refrain from certain activities while I'm still held responsible. If more teens buckled down and worried about school and their future instead of looking good and hanging out,they might actually make something of themselves instead of living with mommy til they're 30!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i'm :50 i'm not saying let your kids run wild at all! but once they are a teenager, if you have taught them right from wrong, and trust them, you have to let them start making their own choices and having time with their peers. i'm just saying trust your kids. if you know they are doing something like you said by all means dicipline them and keep them in the house for a while. let them know why they are wrong, but dont think you can keep them locked in their room forever.
    Anonymous

• i can see where your comming from. im not a teen mom, and happy i wasnt but i my grandmother had my mother at 17 and im happy she did. i dont think teen pregnancy is a good thing. but im also am sick of mothers who think they can control every single thing about there child, especially when they are going to loose there virginity. believe me, i dont want my kids having sex young. more so for STD's and AIDS then pregnancy. but you have to now how much you can control .. you cant force your kid to be a virgin until there married, and some moms on here refuse to put there daughters on birth control because they think they can make them stay a virgin and thats just silly. so i think your both stupid! im right in the middle. im a young adult.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 6:00 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I'm sick of women judging situatuations that they know nothing about or have never been in
    Anonymous

• Hmm to clarify a few things as a teenage mom myself..
    For one, I think I have just as much right to give advice to another person as anyone else regardless of my age. Just because you are older doesn't mean you know any more. Chances are I have experienced far more with my one son than you have with your kids so yes, I think I have earned the right to give advice. As for the whole "teens have too much freedom" Teens will get pregnant regardless of how much freedom you give them, that isn't the reason behind teen pregnancies. Besides, if you look back in history it was quite common for women to have babies in their teens and early 20s. It was the right thing to do, only in the last 30 + years has that become the taboo thing. Who gives a fuck how old a parent is as long as they take care of their kids. I completely agree with the more you restrict a kid the more they will rebel. Think otherwise all you want.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:02 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i've seen a lot of teens do things they was not raised to do in their teen years. peer presser is out there and will get just about anyone to do just anbout anything. we will have guildlines for our teens as well. i really understand where the OP is coming from.

oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 6:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010