your diaper bag must haves?

what are the things you cannot leave without? things you never thought about until you needed it and didn't have it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For an infant: Diapers, wipes, baby lotion, baby wash for when the baby gets too poopy and Grandmas house & needs a bath. Desitin, Plastic grocery bag for poopy diapers. Extra outfit & socks. Slippers for Grandmas house. Baby blanket to rest on. Soft Burp clothes. Bibs, extra pacifier. I also used had the tiny single serving Similac bottles like the ones they give you at the Hospital. They do not need to be refrigerated until you open them & extra nipples. You can buy the little bottles at BabiesRUs. Maxi pads for me just in case & lipstick!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• honestly nothing. i kept a few diapers and wipes, formula and a bottle with water in it, a burp cloth, and an extra pacifier. once she got older i would keep a toy or two for her to play with.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:53 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• depends on the age of the baby
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:56 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Jack Daniels!
    Anonymous

• Formula, water, diapers, wipes, toys, snacks, change of clothes, pacifier, tylenol, teething pills, tummy drops, thermometer.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• With a breastfed baby all you need is a spare diaper. You can keep a bag in the car with an extra outfit and a couple of extra diapers in case of emergency. I take care of my grandbaby and all I do is have a diaper in my purse along with his epipen and medical list because he has allergies.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:48 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• This is what I kept in my kids diaper bags- diapers, wipes, butt cream, extra pacifier, toy, change of clothes, bib, spit rag, bottle and formula or sippy cup (depending on the age of child), snack, my keys, wallet, and cell phone (a lot of times I would leave the purse behind and stash my stuff in the diaper bag).
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Once they can have finger foods - snacks are a must have for my kids diaper bags!

Answer by missanc at 7:22 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I never had much in our diaper bag and even then I only carried it into stores the first few months (when they ate and needed to be changed often). After that it just got left in the car unless we were going to be feeding the baby (like when we went out to eat) or knew the baby would need to be changed while we were out. We basically stopped needing it by 6 months. All I needed in there was a couple diapers, some wipes (we kept a full pack in the car for quick clean-ups anyway), formula and a spare bottle, extra binky and a couple extra outfits just in case.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I remember by the time my son was a year old, I had stopped carrying a diaper bag. I just carried a large purse where I could easily stow a few extra diapers, wipes, small toys, and a bag of cheerios. I hated the diaper bag I bought when I was pregnant with him and ended up not really using it. Now, I got a new one when my daughter was born. She's 4 months old and I keep diapers, wipes, plastic bags for poopy diapers, a change of clothes for her, an extra shirt for me if we're going to be out awhile, my nursing cover, and hand sanitizer. As the baby gets older, you find you're carrying less and less in the diaper bag. :)
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 17, 2010