How do you do this??

I am thinking of putting our son in an in home daycare, so I went on the Website and checked for one's close, made sure all the ones I want to check out are licensed, do I just call and tell them I'd like to check them out or what do i say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• just go and tell them you want a tour and maybe sit in for a little while to see how its run .You can call ahead but I like to do surprise tours myself some daycares prefer you come at certain time so ask whats a good time to stop by but don't tell them what day you are coming. If they don't want to give you a tour find another one that will
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Make a list of everything you can think of.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Look online for a list of questions to ask them. Call them to make sure that they have a spot available for your child. Make an appointment to see their home and ask them all your questions. Go with your gut!
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Go visit meet the people and see the atmosphere, inquire about all your concerns and take your son with you.

Answer by older at 6:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I call the Health Dept. They give the licenses here. They also take complaints so I can see who has what problems and what they did to correct them.
    Anonymous

• Call them and arrange a visit. Some look great online, but not so great in person.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:34 PM on Jun. 18, 2010