Do you think this is wrong???

When I was a little girl someone gave me a sea turtle shell bracelett, anyways I am against killing animals for jewelry, but this was a gift and I like it. Is it wrong to want to wear it and to keep it?What do you believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The turtle is already dead. If you stop wearing it,he's not coming back to life! Go ahead and wear it,just don't buy anymore products made from endangered species.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Nope. It was a gift to you when you were a child and it means a lot. I think there is nothing wrong with wearing it and enjoying it because of the memory it probably brings you.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Its not wrong.. IMO whats done is done.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 6:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• maybe it just looks like sea turtle shells
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• My mother tried giving me her beautiful lynx fur coat she bought in the 80s. Besides worrying about other people would think, I couldn't stomach wearing something that meant the death of at least 8 wildcats. I refused to take it.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 6:07 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It is real, and it is very pretty. The person who gave it to me said that they eat the turtles so it did not die as a waste. The bracelett was just a bonus to their meal.
    Anonymous

• No, they were not Americans.
    Anonymous

• what is done, is done. But I don't know that I would necessarily wear it. If you're OK with it though, don't sweat it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 6:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It is really wide and pretty, but I highly doubt anyone would know it is a real one anyways. There are so many fakes.
    Anonymous

*****

I agree with this. I don't advocate wearing animal skin/shell/etc unless you live that lifestyle (ie off the land); however what's done is done and you aren't encouraging them to kill more animals by making a purchase. That's one of the big issues is if we keep buying then they'll keep supplying etc...but this wasn't gotten from a store or animal trader then you're fine.

I bought a rabbit fur coat for $20 once at a Goodwill {it was mismarked; lucky me!} and you're darn tootin' I bought it! The damage had long since been done if it was sitting in a Goodwill; why pass it up?
    Anonymous