My #3 child ,6 month old started crawling at 4.5 months and is now speed crawling and actually went UP two flights of stairs today at our home!

With Dad right behind her of course! She is all over the place, following our 20 month old with ease! Has anyone else experienced this? I'm scared this means something is wrong or that she's going to seriously hurt herself! I'm videoing everything because I'm afraid no one will believe me!

OURN2006

Asked by OURN2006 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you're just trying to brag about your child crawling early.

if you WATCH her she isnt going to hurt herself!
    Anonymous

• Well yeah anonymous isn't that what all moms do? Jeesh!
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 7:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Sounds like my son. He started doing the army crawl at 5 months and crawled up the stairs without me knowing until my older daughter (who was 20 months at the time) started screaming for me to get the baby. He got up 4 or 5 stairs before I found him and then the gate went up, lol.
    By 6 months he was crawling for real and cruising the furniture. He even figured out how to climb onto the couch by getting a bucket to stand on. He was always into something. And he started walking at 10 months. He kept me on my toes.
    Some kids just develop earlier (or later) then others.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• it happens ... some kids do things b/f others.... good that she crawled b/f she walked
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 7:30 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It happens, both my kids fell down stairs, hell I still do at time. And my daughter was speed crawling everyhwere at that age as well. We had to put gaits up at the bottom of the stairs
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:47 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• all bragging aside, I'm praying she doesn't crack her skull--good to know kids fall down stairs and make it cause no matter how hard I think we prepare, its going to happen probably somewhere we aren't expecting?? Just wondering if 3rd children tend to do things quicker than the first two, (since they were slow as mud meeting milestones) and if we should be worried about anything else other than alot of bumps and bruises!!! thanks mommies!!
    OURN2006

Answer by OURN2006 at 9:11 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I also feel you are just bragging. There really is no question here. My son was crawling at 5 months also. He could climb stairs too. I watched him. As should you...
    Anonymous