family of 6

For people with two adults and four kids. Please give me some casserole recipes that doesn't cost a fortune. So far I have tuna pasta cheesy casserole,tuna pasta bake,poormans pie. I need to make $200 buy breakfast lunches and dinners and snacks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I never made many casseroles, they are usually expensive to make and require the use of the oven. Chicken and dumplings is a favorite of everyone in my family! Chili, tacos, & spagetti.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:37 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• $200 for the month or a week? I have a few recipes. PM me and I'll go find my cookbook.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:33 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We have a family fo six too, and I usually spend around $200/week for groceries.
    Its not too hard really, just plan ALL your meals and snacks before you go to the store, so you have a good, complete list. Look through your freezer ansd pantry first to see what you have already that you can work with.
    Potatoes are usually 99cents for a 10# bad, so make some sort of potatoes at least twice for dinner. Bake cookies/brownies/coffee cake at least twice ... from scratch....and you won't feel deprived during the week. Snacks is what will kill you, so get fresh fruits, pretzels, popcorn, yogurt, and other things that tend to be a little more filling.
    A ham can go a long way too....Bake it one night and eat it with twice baked potaotes, chop some for omelets in the morning, ham casserole one night, and maybe even a bean soup out of the bone if there is any meat left....grilled ham & chees sandwiches are good for dinner too.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 8:41 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well, hamburger, then egg noodles, then butter, then cheese (shredded) And do that over and over with cheese on top! You can also add fried onions for crunch and bake at 400 for like half an hour!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• $200 for the week, 2 weeks, month? I just finished planning all our meals for the 7-8 of us for the next 19 days and my bill will come to just under $130. Now, keeping in mind that I have most of the chicken needed, here's my list of meals: Breakfasts will be waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, eggs, or cereal. Lunches will be sandwiches or leftovers. Dinners will be chicken pot pie, bruschetta chicken bake, chicken Pierre, shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, crockpot scalloped potatoes & ham, taco salad, chicken alfredo, lasagna, chicken lasagna, hamburger goulash, tacos, sloppy joes, oven fried chicken, chili, Ramen & veggies casserole, chicken stuffing casserole, pizza, spicy roast chicken, and grilled bratwurst, with a veggie or salad with the dinners. Snacks will be fresh fruit, homemade cookies, brownies, cakes, or muffins, popcorn, popsicles, pudding pops, homemade sherbet.

I have recipes if you would like any! Just PM me!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• We spend $100 per week on groceries and it buys a lot! We were spending $40 last year when money was extremely tight. We ate a lot of rice, beans, and pasta with just 1/2 pound of meat. If you are interested you can pm me and I can find some recipes when I get home from vacation.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:38 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• 1 pound sliced bacon, diced ~~~~ sausage
    1 medium sweet onion, chopped
    6 eggs, lightly beaten
    4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
    2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
    1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
    1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
    Directions
    In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in bacon mixture. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
    Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

I skipped the cottage cheese, don't like it. This recipe feed our family (2adults and 3 kids) for 2 days.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 2:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2010