Need help/answers!?!?!?

Hi, I have been off of the depo shot for roughly 2 months now...55 days to be exact lol, but anyways heres my story. On sunday June.13th I had unprotected sex then again on monday the 14th. I havent had my period since being off the depo shot so i'm not sure when my "missed" period will be. What are the chances of me being pregnant and when is the earliest i can test after conception. Also what test would be best to use, digital,5 days b4 missed period? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Um, I would wait about 4 weeks if you want to test at home? I think the doc's can give you an answer a lot faster though...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 7:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I don't know about pregnancy tests. You can take your temps in the morning and then you would know if you are ovulating and you can even tell if you are pregnant without doing the tests. There are charts and info available on many sites online. All you need is a digital thermometer.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:43 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• well how long did you take it? the depo shot takes along time to get out of your system the longer you had it the longer it takes! i took the depo shot every 3 months for 9 months and quit back june 2008 and just now got pregnant april/may 2010.. and we were trying!
    Rachelxbby

Answer by Rachelxbby at 9:42 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Absolutely use digital! There is no room for interpitation (sp?). It is either pregnant or not pregnant.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 10:21 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• First, learn to chart. You'll be able to tell if/when you are ovulating. Once you ovulate, it will be 12-16 days before your period is due; it is at the end of that time frame that you would test. Depo can seriously mess up your system and I've been reading a lot of stuff recently about women who've been infertile for years after a single injection.

Thing is, no one on here can tell you what your chances are that you might be pregnant. For most women who have random unprotected sex, their chance of conception is about 25%. Yours may be lower because you haven't (as far as you know) ovulated since coming off Depo. Your chances could also be much higher if you were getting ready to ovulate. I would say that if you don't get AF 12-16 days after sex, take a test. Even with a predictable cycle, testing early carries a great risk of false negative.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 8:21 AM on Jun. 18, 2010