Is this cheating?

I am going threw divorce. He is going threw divorce. We are old friends. Haven't hung out but do the internet and phone talk. We are very very close. Known each other for years and even went to same schools together. We each moved away and now some how we ended up talking and getting closer. We plan to meet up and see where things go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• no not if you are both getting dicvorced. I mean is you are not "with" your spouce anymore its not cheating.
    Anonymous

• Legally if you two were to have sex, then it would be considered adultry untill that divorce is final. But um you are a grown woman and he is a grown man, you are both getting divorced so I don't see the big deal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 7:45 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• No I don't think so. My BIL is still married to his wife, but they've been seperated for a year. He now lives with his girlfriend that he's actually having a baby with now.
    Anonymous

• As long as you both are legally separated it isn't. Just make sure he is truly getting divorced and not making it up just to get you to ... you know. I once dated a guy who said he was divorced and come to find out he was married.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Married is married, IMO yes, it's cheating, seperated or not. That's just my belief system tho, not everyone will agree of course. And people have been known to reconcile after being seperated, or filing for divorce, so sometime that marriage never ends.
    Anonymous

• I would keep the conversation going & all but not pursue it until BOTH divorces are final.. Just let him know this is where you stand.. "Lets be friends until we are both legally Free!" .... He will respect you more in the end I think... Also if either divorce turns nasty you dont want your friendships getting into the debate...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• If you're in the process of divorce, you're legally separated and according to my attorney, you can date while divorcing. However, you do it sensibly by not parading it in front of the STBXs or introduce either to kids. So not cheating.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:36 PM on Jun. 17, 2010