intarsia knitting

I want to knit a baby blanket with a color pattern on it. Now all the tutorials I have seen show people making only blocks of the work. So I am wondering can I knit the whol blanket in one piece or do I have to knit it in blocks then sew them together at the end?

rhanford

Asked by rhanford at 8:01 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can knit the whole thing at once. Look for patterns like this one..
    http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/free-knitting-patterns-for-baby-blankets2.htm

You need large circular needles but you do not join the ends. It is pretty easy.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:05 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• she was talking about intarsia knitting, its a way of knitting a pattern into the blanket instead of one color its multiples so you needs spools or even wook clothing pins work, so that your yanrs dont knot up so much. but I am sorry I have only done intarsia on small projects not a blanket, you can try doing it in one piece. Good Luck and post a pic when done.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on Jun. 18, 2010