So I am enrolled to get my Ged. I have a few questions though. If anyone can help?

What are some good G.E.D. study books? I dropped out of school a long time ago, and really need this. I am horrible at math. I scored average on science, Reading, and social studies I scored high. Is the G.E.D. Test really hard? I am going to do this no matter what. Everyone including my husband thinks I wont because of my 2 children also they think if I do get it I wont go to college after like I plan & honestly it makes me want to do it that much more. If you have any information it would really help. Thank You (:

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jun. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Are you taking classes or trying to do it on your own? It makes a difference, I think.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 8:06 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• It's not hard. I dropped out having never passed a single high school class, took my GED, scored in the 5th percentile, and immediately began university study.
    Any prep book written specifically for the test for your state will be fine. If you know your weak points, put most of your focus there. Contact Goodwill or Salvation Army as well as your local junior college for tutoring options. Also, learn how to write the essay. They want it in a very specific format (it's sometimes called a 4-point essay) so you need to learn that, as well as common grammar blunders (comma splices, hanging participles) and spelling.
    Good luck to you!
    Anonymous

• The place where you are taking classes from will tell you what books to get.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• i stopped going to highschool when i was 15, i went and took my GED test without studying or taking any classes, after yrs of smoking pot & doing drugs, at 19 - and passed. i am horrible at math. it was probably the easiest test ive ever taken. just take your time, use common sense. if you feel better then you should check out a GED book. go to your local HS, or maybe at the library. its really easy!! i promise. you can do it! good luck & i hope you go to college too, i now have my associates degree and am going to keep on going!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 8:10 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• You can take a class which would provide books. OR you can do like me I got a book in Borders and read it and studied it. NO it is not hard. I suck at math too but the math is not that bad. I did probably get a D in the math part but all the rest were B's and C's so it worked out fine.
    When you purchase a book it will tell you basic studiing guides. Like 30 min's on each part per night. Or something like that. I had to bribe my self to get through the math part. Like if you do 45 min's you get to take a break. Then I would go out for ice cream. I love that everyone is telling you that you won't follow through with it. Tell your team you need support not to push you down.
    You can do it. Trust me If I can any one can. I am a horrible study and I usually give up on stuff that is hard for me. So if I can than anyone can. I also have dyslexia. So no excuses just go to it. Good luck
    Here is a place to:

mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• Get study guides
    http://www.testprepreview.com/ged_practice.htm
    they also have g.e.d. questions of the day emailed to you. For free.

Here are some books at Barns and Noble. These are similar to the ones I used.

http://browse.barnesandnoble.com/browse/nav.asp?r=1&env=web&act=A04&Ne=207630+207837&utm_source=Google&utm_creative=GED_Study_Guide+4825980160&N=207837&cm_mmc=Google-_-Book%20-%20SQ%20Q2%202010%20-%20Exact-_-GED%20Study%20Guide-_-study%20guide%20for%20ged&cm_mmca1=13966916&visgrp=nonfiction&cds2Pid=30703&linkid=1530066&utm_campaign=Book_-_SQ_Q2_2010_-_Exact&iq_id=13966916&utm_medium=cpc
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 8:15 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• http://www.coolmath.com/

when i was studying for my compass test my student adviser recommend this site to study on, its meant for middle school/ high school kids but it helped me alot. it has practice questions and gives step by step directions. just dont stay in one spot too long cause its free for partial use so what i did is go to the instructions read them over then to the problems then back to the instructions then back to the problems. otherwise your local library or college should have books you can check out. good luck
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I would get the book What Every Sixth Grader Should Know About Math. I say 6th grade because that is the year the tests given at the end of the year are considered "gateway" tests. It is the first year of algebraic concepts and such. It is a good place to start for math.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:25 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I did terrible in school, especially math but after a couple of free brush up classes, I scored above average on all of the subjects. Good Luck!
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 9:58 PM on Jun. 17, 2010

• I just recently recieved my GED certificate !! you can do it i promise you can i have 4 childrenand i was out of school 14 years so i know you can .The math was my worse subject so i had to have some one on one time with our instructor and i studied from the GED book at the library.Good luck .
    freckles9399

Answer by freckles9399 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 17, 2010